Touching millions of lives - How I see myself in 10 years


Only a Life lived for Others is a Life Worthwhile.
- Albert Einstein

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




The happiest moment in my life is when I see other people smile and laugh because of me. In that moment, this thing always comes to my mind, “I can continue to live just by seeing that”.  For that, I have joined Social Community Department of The Student Executive Board in Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada since I was in my first semester. That decision was one of the best decision that I had ever made in my life. By joining that organization, I did many social activities which were Social Service, Engineers Go Teaching, Orphanage Visit, Teaching Children in orphanage, and Developing Village. Along those journeys, I met many wonderful elders and children with warm and beautiful hearts that made me fall in love, over and over again. Then, I finally found something to hold and keep me working and studying even harder than before. Seeing their happiness becomes my biggest dream.

During my study in Industrial Engineering, I was very lucky for having chances to go abroad and experience things that broader my way of thinking. The first country that I visited was Singapore where I did student exchange for one semester. Singapore is a well-organized and disciplined country where I got a comfortable life. But, during that time, I felt like there was something missing and my life felt so boring with the same routines every single day. I missed times when I helped and had fun with many people in villages, children in orphanage, and of course my family and my friends. Then, that time was a time when I finally found my remedy. The thing that actually mattered was not a well-organized, convenient and disciplined life, but it was the people, it is always the people that matters. Therefore, I learned that the thing that I really love in this life, is seeing happiness, and cherish all the moments that could bring happiness to many people.

The next country that I visited was United States. It was a turning point in my life. I did Academic Fellow on Social Entrepreneurship & Economic Development Institute during my stay in US. I saw and learned about many social and economic aspects of Arizona by visiting many non-profit organizations and Economic Development Councils of Cities. In non-profit organizations, I saw them struggling for helping unlucky people (homeless, disabled, etc) without even thinking about themselves. From them, I learned that there must be someone to fight for unlucky people, ‘if it is not you, who else?’. From Economic Development Councils of Cities, I learned that we must fight for the society with sufficient knowledge and great teamwork because there are many competitors outside there. Therefore, from US, I learned that it should be me who fight for society and I have to be equipped with rich knowledge and great ability to work in team in order thrive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I learned about many things along the journey and then I try to find a way that connects my dream with my passion, Industrial Engineering. By that regards, I started to see myself in the next 10 years as a philanthropist, educator, and job giver by manage to establish my nonprofit organization based on creative industry and build a foundation. Building creative industries for people in the villages, helping many children to achieve their dream, and making great leaders for Indonesia. I will dedicate all of my life to help other people so that I can touch millions of lives and see the happiness in their faces.

I have my blueprints on my hand in order to achieve that dream, starts with learning Industrial Engineering in UGM (I fall in love with Industrial Engineering where I learn about many things that never stop fascinating me), and in a meantime also actively doing social projects and competitions with my colleagues. Then I will pursue my master degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering. Afterwards, I plan to comeback and build non-profit organization based on creative industry that empower people in villages to increase their economy and life’s welfare.

In the next ten years, I also wanted to see myself able to give a significant contribution to my society by creating my own foundation. I want to help society by building schools, mosques and other public facility enhancement and especially I want to help children in achieving their dreams by giving scholarship. Because I believe that the idea of prosperity can be done by broaden people’s access, through their daily needs, leisure and of course, education.

Purpose is the reason of your journey and passion is the fire that lights your way.
We never know for sure what will happen in the next ten years. But, I am confidence that it will be a series of wonderful journey and findings because I have the best weapon to fight, the purpose (touching millions of lives) and the passion (Industrial Engineering).
I will work harder in order to generate more and more happiness coming from the society.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“There is always something better out there if you're willing to work for it, then we must work like never before.” 
–Michelle Obama



Comments