I Promise



I promise anytime you call me
It don't matter where I am
I'll always be there, like you've been there
If you need me closer, I'll be right over
I swear, I swear

Every time that I need you by my side
Every time I lose my way in life
You're my circle of life, compass and guide
There behind me
And one day when the tables finally turn
And it's me you're depending on
I'll put you first, hold you close
Like you taught me
Know that I'll be there for you, for you

There are days when I just don't want to talk
And your feelings hit a wall
But that won't change
The love you've raised inside this family
Everything that I do is to make you proud
I just want to say it, and say it loud
You're my heat when I'm cold
The place I call home, and always will be
Know that I'll be there for you, for you

Having someone to go to
Having someone to love
Having both is a blessing
That was sent from above
Oh I know that wherever I'll go
You'll be forever in my heart

Credit to : I Promise - Harris J

Comments